Are You A Nut Case?
Each year, on the cool fall date of October 22nd, the nutty people of the United States of America passionately celebrate National Nut Day. This novel public observance commemorates all the good things about nuts.
This day is not about the nutty neighbor that lives down the street or the crazy co-worker who hoovers by your desk. Rather it is a specific food holiday that embraces the longevity of this healthy and nutritious snack.
As you might imagine, tracing the originals of this holiday is nutty. No one really seems to be familiar with the origin of this day. Regardless, the wacky individuals who are dedicated to their nuts have cracked open these fun facts:
• Peanuts are actually not nuts at all, but rather legumes
• There are about 540 peanuts in a 12 ounce jar of peanut butter
• Nuts do not contain any cholesterol
• Nuts are a highly prized energy source
• Some medical studies have shown that consuming nuts on a consistent regime reduces hypertension and the risks associated with heart issues
• Nuts are full of protein, fiber and unsaturated fat
• Walnuts are considered one of the healthiest nuts and contain beneficial omega-3 fatty acids
• Pistachios are one of the biggest nut crops in the U.S. with the majority of their production in California
These fervent and zany folks who anxiously anticipate National Nut Day suggest we all unite and gather to engage in the following nutty activities to rejoice and observe this innovative day in history.
• For the more conservative nut enthusiast, simply include some scrumptious nuts at lunch, dinner or as a snack
• For the adventurous, try some of the lesser known nut butters: Almond Butter, Pecan Butter, Cashew and Hazel nut butter
• To enhance the celebration, cook or bake something that uses nuts…pumpkin nut bread would be perfect for the season
• Watch a movie with your family, but substitute mixed nuts for traditional popcorn
• Post photos of nut consumption with friends on social media using #NationalNutDay
Nuts are just not a favorite of humans…animals crave them as well. They are especially important to creatures in temperate climates, such as jays and squirrels who store stockpile acorns and other nuts during the autumn months to keep from starving during winter.
Want other elusive holidays to enjoy? Then search for these and other fun filled festive occasions on your tablet, Smartphone or any electronic gadget. The world wide web is bursting with amusing and insignificant information. Just be sure to attain your technological device from a reputable company with superior customer service and network coverage.
Visit your local Verizon store or log onto the T-Mobile website to select the precise contraption designed to fit your surfing desires.