The National Basketball Association’s season ended in a stunning and exciting fashion with records set and farewells to league megastars. Now it is time for the basketball playoffs. It is not unusual to believe in the superstition that watching the game wearing a basketball jersey of the team’s star player or putting on a pair of lucky socks will help your team win. Sports Authority and the NBA Store can provide you with the official gear of the basketball team you love.
Basketball originated in the United States and today it is beloved by millions of people worldwide of all ages, economic backgrounds and genders. Last year, the 2015 NBA Finals averaged 19.9 million viewers over the six games series. Most impressively, this 2015 viewership was the highest since the 1998 NBA Finals when fans watched Michael Jordan’s Chicago Bulls defeat the Utah Jazz.
The 2016 basketball playoffs begins with 16 teams and ends in June with only one team hoisting the Larry O'Brien Trophy and being crowned number one in the league.
To help celebrate this year’s basketball playoffs, you will want to purchase all types of gear of your beloved team. Whether you’re looking to purchase apparel, a limited edition collectible or something for your desk to remind you of your favorite basketball club, the NBA Store has it all.
Browsing for the perfect basketball item at the NBA.com website is simple. You can search by team, type of clothing, gender, size, accessories, basketball essentials and more.
The NBA Store even has a NBA custom shop. You can add a personalized touch to your NBA gear with custom NBA jerseys, shirts and more from NBAStore.com. Shop personalized jerseys for yourself, your family member or your buddies. For a more casual look, get your hands on the newest custom game time shirts and latest custom shooting shirts. Whether you’re looking for customized NBA apparel for men, women, or kids, you can find it here at NBAStore.com!
A Bit of Basketball Trivia
This is also an appropriate time of year to memorize a few basketball facts so you can appear to be an expert as you watch the playoffs with others.
• James Nasmith created the game of basketball in Springfield, Massachusetts in 1891 with only 13 rules for basketball
• Nasmith divided his class of 18 into two teams of nine players each and set about to teach them the basics of his new game called basketball
• The objective of the game was to throw the basketball into hoops (originally peach baskets) nailed to the lower railing of the gym balcony
• The problem was that very time a point was scored the game had to be halted so the janitor could bring out a ladder and retrieve the ball. After a while, the bottoms of the fruit baskets were removed
• Basketball became an official Olympic event at the Summer Games in Berlin, Germany in 1936
• The most points ever scored in a basketball game was on March 2, 1962 by Philadelphia center Wilt Chamberlain who scored 100 points
• Michael Jordan, scored more points (5,987) in the basketball playoffs than any other player
• Michael Jordan is also the only player who won six basketball playoff finals MVP awards
• The first team to win three consecutive NBA titles was the Lakers when they were in Minneapolis from the 1951-1952 through the 1953-1954 seasons
The Love of the Sport
The fast paced action, slam dunks, the superstars, the three-point shot….it is no wonder so many people have become fanatics of basketball. It is truly a team sport since even the greatest players can’t win in the playoffs it without being part of a cohesive squad.
If you’re looking for your hometown team’s apparel and basketball items, look no farther than Sports Authority.
Sports Authority operates over 450 Sporting Goods stores in 41 states. Sports Authority has a rich history, dating back almost a century, of being an industry leader in providing a wide assortment of quality, brand-name sporting goods. They understand the passion basketball aficionados have for the game and have a wide variety of inventory to meet your every need.
Dedicated to providing customers with the best shopping experience possible, Sports Authority consistently delivers great brands at great values with caring custom service and product knowledge.
No other athletes in any other sport fly with the power and grace of basketball players. And the basketball playoffs offer the ultimate players in a high energy contest for the ultimate prize. So grab your favorite team’s official apparel from the NBA Store and select the perfect lucky charm from Sports Authority. Then, have a seat on your couch and watch the action in all its glory.