Winter is officially here! You may be already feeling cold, but December 22, the Winter Solstice Marks the beginning of winter officially. Here’s a few facts about winter you should know.
1. Every winter, at least one septillion snow crystals fall from the sky. Therefore, buy some snow chains if you live in area prone to snow for your car. Get a Universal Security Chain from Auto Parts Warehouse.
2. All snowflakes have six sides.
3. A true blizzard lasts three hours or more, reduces visibility to ¼ mile and winds reach 35 mph or more. To withstand a blizzard, make sure your windshield wipers are winter-ready. AutoCraft Winter Windshield Wiper Blades from Advance Auto Parts are perfect protection for blizzards and snow storms.
4. With tires for his mouth and trees for arms, "Angus" - the tallest snowman, was made by residents of Bethel, Maine, USA, measuring 34.63 meters in 1999. Get tires for you very own abominable snow man from 4 Wheel Drive.
5. The Solstice is not a whole-day event. It happens at a specific time. This year, that’s at 04:49 UTC on Dec. 22, but will be different depending on where you live. Your clock in your car not cutting it? Check out the Cobalt Clock from 4 Wheel Parts.
You probably won’t be equipped to count in the septillions of snowflakes or time your town’s Solstice moment exactly, but we do hope you get to build an epic snow man and get your car blizzard-ready if needed. Use our codes to save on all your car’s needs, winter, spring, summer or fall. Happy Solstice!