How To Throw The Best Oscar's Party
It’s an interesting year to throw an Oscar Party. Even President Obama has weighed in on the controversy surrounding the lack of diversity among the Academy Awards nominees, saying “the industry should do what every other industry should do, which is to look for talent, provide opportunity to everybody.” Let’s take a look at some Oscar party ideas that won’t be a flop.
1. Make an Oscar ballot. There are 6,028 voters for the Academy Awards. Your party probably won’t be as large. Nonetheless, it’s fun have your attendees cast a ballot prior to the show and give a prize to see who gets the most right.
2. Go for the gold. Oscar gold is the color of the Oscars, along with red. You don’t have to employ an Art Department to make your home camera-ready. There a lot of fun movie-themed crafts and centerpieces you can make to decorate your home for the festivities.
3. Splurge on a step-and-repeat and red carpet. Step-and-repeats are the white or black photo backdrops with the Academy logos that the stars pose in front of in their fancy attire for the paparazzi. Too flashy? Rent a Photo booth to use during commercial breaks!
4. Grab some Oscar statuettes. If you’ve ever visited Hollywood Boulevard and The Walk of Fame, you can’t pass by a shop without seeing faux golden Oscar statues. If you’re not in the Los Angeles area, you can buy them online and have them shipped to you in no time.
5. The gift bags for the Oscars are epic. Last year’s haul was worth $168K, including Italian vacations, car rentals, high-end sex toys and other luxurious offerings. Days before the Oscars there are also gifting suites galore, where stars go to pick up other lavish trinkets. Go all our and get a little luxurious with your party favors as a nod to the Oscars.
6. The stars don’t munch during the broadcast, but you’ll want to. Opt for movie theater favorites like popcorn and boxed candies, and perhaps some upscale offerings too. Your fare can reflect the nominated films (create your own Revenant cocktail, for instance), and make sure to have some fancy champagne to toast when your favorites win.
7. Oscar Bingo is a popular game for an Oscar themed party. There are some fun bingo card templates online that will definitely spice up your viewing party. Squares like “Wardrobe Malfunction” will keep guests glued to the TV.
8. Consider live tweeting the Oscars with your friends and create a snappy hashtag for your Oscar bash.
This year will certainly go down as one of the most contentious of Oscar’s history. Still, that’s no reason not to celebrate. While the studio executive, agents and stars hobnob, you can celebrate too. Use our promo codes to save on all your party planning needs and host a soiree you and your friends will remember for a long time. You may not be in Tinseltown, but you can still bring a touch of Hollywood glamour to your life at an indie film price when you shop with our discount codes.